Andy's observations as he continues to attempt to know all that is .NET...

Friday, January 25, 2008

Not so much killer app, but killer content

It used to be the case that a computer/os would succeed if it had the killer app, the app everyone needed. The spreadsheet was one of the first of that kind, now in the new media streaming age perhaps its killer content that will help to push the adoption of new technology. A student told me last week that Microsoft has done a deal so that MSN is the official home of the 2008 Olympic, the site will provide hours and hours of online coverage, bought to you by Silverlight. Could there be any better vehicle to get Silverlight plugin onto every home/office pc..


 

Read More

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Im a freelance consultant for .NET based technology. My last real job, was at Cisco System were I was a lead architect for Cisco's identity solutions. I arrived at Cisco via aquisition and prior to that worked in small startups. The startup culture is what appeals to me, and thats why I finally left Cisco after seven years.....I now filll my time through a combination of consultancy and teaching for Developmentor...and working on insane startups that nobody with an ounce of sense would look twice at...